As we begin to de escalate from the COVID – 19 pandemic and work through our de escalation plans you will notice there are some changes to our services and procedures which are detailed below, and we ask that you assist us in reading and understanding these before your visit:
1. Appointments are only available by telephone on 01269 843400
2. You will be contacted at least one day before your appointment for the dentist to discuss your case before your visit
3. You will receive a text message with a link to update your medical history (please do this before your appointment)
4. On the morning of your appointment you will receive another text message with a link for you to remotely check in upon arrival
5. If you do not have a smart phone the dentist will discuss your medical history with you over the phone, and you will need to call the surgery when you arrive to notify us of your arrival
6. Please arrive at the practice in a car if possible, park in our car park behind the surgery, and check in via the link, or call us to notify us of your arrival and wait in your car
7. Please arrive wearing a face covering
8. One of our staff will come out to fetch you, take your temperature and escort you into the surgery
9. Please attend alone, however vulnerable adults and children may bring one carer/parent with them
10. Please do not bring any non essential items with you
11. The toilet facilities will not be available at this time
12. We are only able to accept contactless or card payments
You will notice that our staff will look very different to normal as we will now be wearing an increased amount of personal protective equipment to keep both yourselves and us safe.
Please bear with us as we get used to our new way of working, and we apologise in advance should you experience a delay during your visit with us
**Attendance at the practice will strictly be by appointment only**
If you have contacted us regarding a dental problem during the lockdown we will be contacting you shortly to follow up and arrange an appointment if needed.
We remain to be open to help you with any dental issue, please contact us as early as possible in the day if you require any help or advice.
As we work through our de escalation plans in conjunction with the national COVID -19 alert levels we will be able to offer a wider range of treatments.
We would like to thank all of our patients for their loyalty, support and patience at this difficult and uncertain time, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Established in 1985, Llandeilo Road Dental Surgery has been serving the dental needs of Cross Hands and beyond for over 30 years. We understand that many patients are apprehensive of dental treatment and therefore our aim is to treat patients at ease in a friendly and comfortable environment. Most of our staff members are Welsh speakers.
The surgery was taken over by Aled Clement in 2015 and has since embarked on a programme of continuous improvements which has recently seen the provision of a dedicated decontamination room and an upgrade of the radiography equipment. The surgery has recently undergone a partial renovation to one of the surgeries and to the reception area. This represents almost £70,000 of investment in the surgery since 2015!
All of our clinical staff are registered with the General Dental Council and Healthcare Inspectorate Wales where required and undertake regular training to keep up to date with current standards of dental care.